A Shotgun For Friend

A friend of mine has recently and avidly been enjoying the shooting sports.  She decided she wanted to shoot in shot gun competition so i told her i would build her a gun. She wanted it to be lavender, and I suggested the B&W flames.  So here it is:




I like the Winchester 1200/1300 platform and when ever I can get a good deal on one, I buy it.  Then I strip the parts and modify as needed.  I like the Winchester because it is light, there are a reasonable number of aftermarket parts, and the actions are slippery smooth.


The first step is to shorten the barrel (18.5"), chuck in my lathe and ream the muzzle for a rem-choke tube.  I then flip it around and lengthen the forcing cone in the chamber.  Lengthening the forcing cone reduces the perceived recoil impulse.  

After these operations, I thread the reamed barrel for the choke, insert the choke, and drill the compensator holes. Again, these holes reduce felt recoil, and prevent muzzle rise.  I soldered a front sight and went on to other things.

I selected a magazine extension (2 shots), a recoil reducing comp stock, and an extension clamp with a small tactical rail.  I added a rear sight and a short rail (for a red dot sight should she want one.




I had completely stripped the gun and proceeded to abrasive blast selected parts. A Base coat of white was applied to the receiver, and the two coats of purple on top of that.  I cut a stencil for the flames.

of course when you have a gun as nice looking as this, one must accessorize....




No comments: