Gun Etiquette part 2

I teach a section in my CCW class on gun etiquette. Now what do i mean by that?

When a friend or relative invites you to view the contents of their safe, or when you go into a gun shop to drool on product, behave like a civilized, safety conscious human being.

1) KEEP YOUR DAMN FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER!

this for me is the biggest violation. If you put your finger on the trigger while you examine a firearm, you immediately peg yourself as being inexperienced, having bad habits, and being just plain rude.

i had a guy come in the shop asking about CCW the other day, and he informed me he was an experienced shooter (yeah sure, i hear it all the time...). i told him that with people who shoot my main thing is breaking bad habits when i train. He told me with a smile, that he didn't have any bad habits.

Soooo I had him assume the stance he usually uses when shooting a handgun. He had two. FINGER ON TRIGGER and....

2) EVERYTHING YOU EVERY LEARNED ABOUT GUNS FROM WATCHING TV OR MOVIES, IS WRONG!

he had this stupid imitation of the weaver stance that he obviously got from the media. Few shooting schools teach the weaver these days. Weaver is unbalanced, does not protect the vital organs, and is slow to present.

I teach combat isosceles with lockout from chest ready. nuff said.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

No comments: